Using Satvik's Async Counter to sequence the Address Bus I added:
2. Four User Inputs
3. Comparator to Enable ROM Output when User Input and Address match
This emulated a very simple rotating drum memory system such as those that preceded the IBM 650
This project's aim is to make a user selectable two input logic gate:
1. User Input Bits 0 and 1 are the gate inputs
2. User Input Bits 2 and 3 select the logic function:
a. 00 OR
b. 01 AND
c. 10 XOR
d. 11 XNOR
3. Output of the selected logic gate is Bit 0 of the ROM Output
1. Write a compiler for the four logic gates described above in Python. I will use Codeskulptor:
2. Build a physical model of this circuit similar to this educational computer project from the 1960s:
"How to Build a Working Digital Computer… out of paperclips"
This time use integrated logic circuits instead of user manual operation and of course keep building on computation principles and improving the compiler.